The Monroe County Office of Faith Based Initiatives Burial Assistance Program provides funeral assistance grants for residents of Monroe County who have no assets to pay for their funerals. For anyone who qualifies and receives the maximum assistance grant, Genesee Valley Cremation will provide our standard cremation service, including crematory fee for NO COST
This assistance is subject to approval, an in-person interview and an investigation by the County Burial Coordinator. The maximum grant available in Monroe County is $1,250. Genesee Valley Cremation will assist you in scheduling an appointment with the Burial Coordinator and processing all necessary paperwork with the county.
In addition, assistance is available for families that reside outside of Monroe County. As each individual county has different requirements and qualifications, we will work with you and your county to secure financial assistance.
NOTE: Genesee Valley Cremation Standard Cremation for eligible burial recipients includes:
- Crematory fee
- Alternative Container
- Transportation to our secure facility by a Funeral Director
- Removal of pacemaker, as required by state law (if necessary)
- Secure transportation to the secure crematory
- Obtaining and securely managing all authorizations, permits, and certificates
- Assisting with placement of newspaper notice*
- Obituary, including photo, posted on our website
- Initial notification of death to Social Security Administration
- Assistance in filing Veteran Benefit applications (if eligible)
- Return of cremated remains to designated individual
* Publishing newspaper notice is an additional fee charged by the newspaper and must be paid in full prior to publication.