Direct Cremation in Rochester, NY - Serving Monroe & All Surrounding Counties
Standard Cremation $895 *
- Transfer of your loved one, by a Licensed Funeral Director, into our care and safely to our secure facility**
- An appropriate cremation container is provided by Genesee Valley Cremation to transport your loved one to the crematory.
- Genesee Valley Cremation will notify the Social Security Administration of the death and we will obtain all necessary signatures from the Doctor or Medical Examiner in order to file the death certificate with the Bureau of Vital Records.
- If copies of Certified Death Certificates are required, Genesee Valley Cremation will obtain them from the proper authority. The cost for each Certified copy varies by County and payment is required when request is made.
- A meeting will be arranged to review the accuracy of the information on the death certificate and obtain the necessary authorizations with the next-of-kin or designated agent. We will also discuss any other questions, arrangements or options you may wish to inquire about.
- Your loved one will be transported to the crematory by a Licensed Funeral Director, who will verify the identity once again while a medallion is placed with the container. The medallion is engraved with a unique number that guarantees the cremated remains returned are those of your loved one.
- We will assist with the creation of an obituary which will be posted on our website as well as our social media for easy sharing. Visitors to the site may also leave condolences on the obituary page.
- To honor our U.S. Military Veterans, we will counsel families regarding all benefits your loved one is entitled to and work to secure those benefits on your behalf.
- The cremated remains will be placed in a rigid temporary container accompanied by the medallion which is used for identification and returned to our secure location by a Licensed Funeral Director.
- Arrangements will be made to return your loved one's cremated remains to you.
*New York State Law prohibits Funeral Homes from operating crematories, therefore we partner with a trusted facility. Federal Law requires that we list these charges seperately.
**Mileage charges may apply.
The following items are not included:
- Crematory fee - $275 (mandatory)
- Certified Death Certificate issued by County where death occurred
- Newspaper notice – price varies by publication and length
Why choose Genesee Valley Cremation?
Genesee Valley Cremation is committed to offering the highest level of dignified service to our community at a reasonable price. We understand the sacred responsibility that families bestow upon us and it is our mission to give our undivided attention to those families at all times. Genesee Valley Cremation is a locally-owned family business and we take pride in our profession. We pay the utmost attention to each and every detail related to the funeral arrangement process.
The increasing popularity of cremation, coupled with the rising costs of traditional funerals, has created a need for a simpler and more affordable option. This does not mean that the service or the compassion that is required from a funeral professional should be any different. Every family who places their trust in our family deserves to be treated like family. We are proud to serve members of all communities and denominations.
United States Military Veterans may be entitled to various benefits from the VA. Our knowledgeable staff will help navigate the forms and processes involved in applying for these benefits to make certain our veterans receive what they are entitled to.
It is important to us that our services are accessible by everyone in our community. There are resources and benefits available for those who may qualify.
By pre-planning and pre-paying for your cremation, you further reduce the stress placed on loved ones by eliminating any financial burden at the time of death. In addition, pre-planning one’s funeral assures that your personal preferences and beliefs will be heeded and reduces the burden placed on a surviving loved one having to make difficult decisions while dealing with grief. Pre-planning is truly the best gift you can give your family.
Pre-planning and pre-paying for your cremation is absolutely necessary prior to Medicaid application. We would be happy to further explain the benefits and easy process of pre-planning your cremation. Call us today for more information.
Please accept our sincerest condolences on the loss of your loved one. It is important that you are well-informed and we can counsel you through the process. If a death has just occurred, please click the link above for a guide that will help you decide who should be contacted first. Please call us directly if you would like to speak with a Licensed Funeral Director.